Delmon Young - LF

Caleb Joseph - C

Jonathan Schoop - 2B

Ubaldo Jimenez - RHP (3-8, 4.52 ERA)

http://www.baseballpress.com/lineups

• Replies 821
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Definitely think Gonzalez will be optioned as corresponding roster move. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Orioles?src=hash">#Orioles</a></p>— Eduardo A. Encina (@EddieInTheYard) <a href="

">August 9, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Still waiting on official roster move. Have to assume it is Gonzalez going down to minors for at least one start. But nothing official</p>— Dan Connolly (@danconnollysun) <a href="

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/orioles?src=hash">#orioles</a> option Miguel Gonzalez to AAA Norfolk to make room for Ubaldo Jimenez on 25-man roster.</p>— Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• I do wonder if that has something to do with his fastball command, everything was tailing arm side the past few starts with no command. I hope it's nothing serious.
    • Last year the 112 loss A's did not trade Trevor May. The SIgbot's report of the asymmetry between Miller and a hand selected, long trained bat is probably "maximum". It is a fair bet Elias taking in all the data will deal near the deadline when postures will relax and maybe a few more marginal teams change the supply-demand mix in the run up to the deadline.    Last year relievers that was Scott Barlow, Kenyan Middleton, Brad Hand, Dominic Leone, Sam Moll, Chris Stratton, Kendall Graveman, Joe Kelly, Trent Thornton and Pierce Johnson on the undercard in the final week.    Elias moved early on Shintaro Fujinami on 7/19. https://www.mlb.com/news/every-2023-mlb-trade-deadline-deal Reynaldo Lopez, David Robertson, Paul Sewald and Jordan Hicks were headliners, and perhaps a fair yardstick around where I think Elias will be shopping this summer in Felix's absence. The MLB draft still in the early years of being later on the calendar isn't until 7/14, and the weeks preceding that use up a lot of bandwidth for front offices. No for me on Basallo for Miller - I think for the clubhouse all else being equal Elias might prefer to keep the 2025 runway clear for Felix, apart from the usual short term pitcher commitment preference.
    • The A's have a few, the CHI SOX have one, the Pirates have a couple, MIA has a couple. And that's just to name the absolute bottom dwellers who are not playing for post season. (Well PIT may be?) Point is, there will be out there, always are.
    • A guy who throws as hard as Miller will carry a higher injury risk than most. Kjerstad is ready to help anyone's lineup, he just needs a chance. There will be opportunities out there this off-season if Elias wants to be aggressive about it.
    • Any IL stint with “shoulder” is bad news, but hoping deeming it “inflammation” means it’s minor (as far as shoulder injuries go).  Ideally this is overly precautionary, given Grayson’s big workload last year and that we want to make sure he’s healthy for the rest of the season.  You simply can never have enough pitching. 
    • Keeping Baumann is not a hill I will die on, but Akin had a 6.85 ERA last year and 4.76 second half '22. That is a pretty long stretch of sucking and my admittedly negative view of Akin is largely based on that stretch. Whereas Baumann had a 3.76 and while W/L is not a great stat, his 10-1 was impressive. I was really surprised we didn't see Baumann last night with the bullpen in its current state. I guess Kremer went just long enough that Hyde could get away with not using him.  Appears it is moot now: just saw Grayson to IL...Argh. 
  • Popular Contributors

• Popular Now